Even meat-lovers LOVE this meal!
Best Ever Spaghetti And Meatless Meatballs
Serve this to a meat loving friend, without disclosing the ingredients Let us know if you are able to fool him into thinking that he has eaten beef meatballs.
- 1 large egg
- about ½-¾-cup milk
- 4 slices of good bread
- 1 14-ounce package soy ground beef substitute (I love Light Life Gimme Lean Beef for this recipe.)
- Italian seasonings (basil, oregano) to taste
- some grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 batch of Best Ever Homemade Tomato Sauce
- cooked spaghetti (I like Dreamfields ; it is low in carbs and high in fiber, and it tastes wonderful.)
- Everything can go into one bowl.
- Beat egg with wire whisk.
- Add ½ cup milk to the egg.
- Tear bread into smallish pieces and add to the bowl.
- If needed for proper consistency, add another ¼ cup milk or so.
- Let bread sit there for a while to allow it to soften up.
- Add Gimme Lean Beef, grated Parmesan (if using), and spices to taste.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush a baking pan with a little olive oil.
- Roll veggie ball mixture into balls, placing each on the baking sheet.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes until a little brown and a nice texture.
- Remove from oven, and place in prepared tomato sauce.
- Let balls simmer in sauce for 20 minutes or so.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti (I love Dreamfields; it is delicious, and is low in carbs and high in fiber.)
This recipe is very easy to double, and it freezes well.