Make these quick and easy and so refreshing Fourth of July salads to celebrate your Fourth this year!
- 1. Mixed salad greens or lettuces
- 2. Watermelon chunks
- 3. Blueberries
- 4. Blue, gorgonzola, or feta cheese – crumbled
- 5. Almonds or pecans or walnuts, toasted
- First Steps
- Wash and dry the greens.
- Cut the watermelon chunks into 3/4 - 1 inch cubes.
- Wash and drain the blueberries
- Crumble the cheese.
- Toast the nuts in the microwave. Spread nuts evenly in a flat microwaveable dish. Cook on high power for 3-4 minutes for 1/2 cup of nuts, or 4-5 minutes for 1 cup.
- Simply layer each ingredient on the plate, or in the bowl, starting with #1 and finishing with #6.
- Serve with a sweet sort of salad dressing, such as Newman's Own Lite Raspberry & Walnut Dressing.