Make these quick and easy and so refreshing Fourth of July salads to celebrate your Fourth this year!
1. Mixed salad greens or lettuces
2. Watermelon chunks
4. Blue, gorgonzola, or feta cheese – crumbled
5. Almonds or pecans or walnuts, toasted
1. Wash and dry the greens.
2. Cut the watermelon chunks into 3/4 – 1 inch cubes.
3. Wash and drain the blueberries
4. Crumble the cheese.
5. Toast the nuts in the microwave. Spread nuts evenly in a flat microwaveable dish. Cook on high power for 3-4 minutes for 1/2 cup of nuts, or 4-5 minutes for 1 cup.
Simply layer each ingredient on the plate, or in the bowl, starting with #1 and finishing with #6.
Serve with a sweet sort of salad dressing, such as Newman’s Own Lite Raspberry & Walnut Dressing.
Note to Reader